Wednesday, October 10, 2007

canine taboos



The topic of foods that can be toxic to dogs has been circulating quite a bit recently. A friend of mine recently forwarded this article to me about a five year old lab mix who died within hours of eating half a canister of raisins. I had actually heard about raisins being really toxic but was truly surprised to hear how quickly such a small amount of raisins in ratio to such a large dog could be so fatal.

Via theBark I came across this story by National Geographic summing up "Canine Taboos". Yeast?! I had no idea! It's definitely worth having a look....


www.nationalgeographic.com

(photo from national geographic )